The Google AdSense is one of the best and most popular contextual advertisement network for website owners, the main reason of its popularity is – it simply give you the revenue without any investment and that completely suit for your business model. Usually, Google AdSense provides the contextual advertisement (that means, they display the advertisement that completely matched to your website content) for your website.
What is Google AdSense? A Closer Look –
Google AdSense is a free advertisement-publishing platform for webmasters/website owners, blog owners and forum owners. Where they can publish the contextual advertisement and get the revenue when any visitor clicks on the advertisement links.
Now the question is how do you publish the Google advertisements in your website/blog or forum? Well, to do – you must apply for a free Google AdSense account. After applying, they verify your website and give you the publisher ID. But remember – Google has very strong likes and dislikes. Before applying for the AdSense account, you must check whether your website theme and content meet the Google’s requirement. You can find a comprehensive and detailed Google AdSense publisher guideline here and here. Additionally, here you can get the complete idea about how to apply for the Google AdSense account.
The key point of Google AdSense publishing is – CTR (Click Through Rate), because as mentioned earlier, you can’t get paid from Google until your visitors click on your advertisements. Therefore, it is very much essential that, you must display all the advertisements such a way that, the user can click it. If you already read the official AdSense guidelines, then you also noticed that, they mention that – you can’t click on your advertisement as well as you can’t encourage the visitors to click on those advertisements. Alternatively it is also true that – your visitors don’t enjoy any aggressive advertisement! So here are some guidelines that can help you to maximize your AdSense revenue –
- Design your AdSense ad-block such a way that the color or your advertisement block, link color and other advertisement properties matched with your website content. The main benefit of it is – visitors think, the advertisement block in a integrate part of your website’s content, and increase the possibilities to more CTR (Click Through Rate).
- Do not use any border in your advertisement block, until it is very much required. Because if you put and border in your advertisement block, then you can’t add it into your content seamlessly, you’ve to place them separately.
- Write a killer content for your website/blog. Because we all know – “Content Is King”, additionally, as mentioned earlier, Google AdSense is a contextual advertisement crawl your website content and provide the advertisements based on your content. So, it is a better idea that, you must find a niche and write the content in a controversial tone, while you’re writing posts on your blog. Controversial content simply boost your traffic, the niche content provides you the best search engine visibility and increase your Click Through Rate (CTR).
- You must add Google analytics into your blog/website. Because Google analytics will help you to identify your visitors. Google analytics not only give you the demographic details, but also give you the comprehensive details about the user’s browser, search string and many other details. Based on that, you can further optimize your website/blog.
- Experiment with advertisement placement. Because not necessarily not every website have same place that attract the visitors! So, it is very much important that, you must place the advertisement in the most prominent area of your website and that is clearly visible by your visitors.
However, hope the following tips can help you to better optimize your website/blog with Google AdSense.